The VAUZ has a fund to promote networking for junior researchers at the University of Zurich. In particular, it supports attendance at scientific/academic events (conferences, symposia, workshops etc.) which are of considerable importance for junior researchers at the University of Zurich.
In particular, the conference fund offers support in cases in which otherwise no sufficient
financing possibilities exist ('last resort') (see also the information on expenses and travel grants).
Contributions can be granted for
- attendance fees;
- travel expenses;
- accommodation expenses;
- travel and accommodation costs for children or dependent relatives of the applicant who are subject to custody, unless the care during the attendance of a scientific event can be organised otherwise
- childcare or nursing/care professionals for close relatives of the applicant, if care by the other parent or close relatives is not possible or not appropriate.
The maximum contributions per person included in the application
- CHF 1250 for participation at an event outside Europe
- CHF 600 for participation at an event in Europe
However, only the actual costs incurred are reimbursed.
In cases of hardship and if there is no other financing possibility, we can also finance shorter research stays (up to max. 10 days) or cover costs related to the organisation of a scientific event. The maximum amount is CHF 1250.
The applications are reviewed and approved by the board of VAUZ. The administrative management of the payments is carried out by the Graduate Campus (GRC) UZH.
Please submit the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
New: Applications can be submitted on the 20th of each month; our decision will be announced within one month.
Documents and Forms:
(submit forms together with all relevant receipts to email@example.com):
- Payment UZH employees
Expense form employees (XLSX, 86 KB)
- Payment to non-UZH employees
Payment order non-employee (XLSX, 42 KB)