If you find yourself having difficulties with your research, with your supervisor or with your employment situation, we from the VAUZ can offer you our support!
Under the following link, you can find a number of common problematic situations and frequently asked questions Problemsituationen und Tipps
Furthermore, if you are confronted with a legal problem, the ReBeKo of the VSUZH offers a first point of contact for legal advice. This service is free of charge for members of the VSUZH, the VAUZ, the VSZHAW and the VSETH. If you are not a member, a symbolic fee of CHF 5 per semester is charged.
You need more specific support? You are unsure which UZH contact point would be best to approach with your problem? You feel like having someone to discuss your specific situation with would be helpful to get some clarity? Need input from another person?
Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org (Hannah Schoch, Co-President VAUZ)All Information, questions, or conversations are treated with absolute confidentiality.
Support offered by the UZH
Different departments, offices, and contact points at the UZH offer a broad range of support in terms of counseling, coaching, or mentoring for PhDs, Postdocs, UZH employees:
- For Coaching, Mentoring, Counseling related to the PhD: Graduate Campus (GRC)
- Employee Assistance Office (Beratungs- und Schlichtungsstelle für Mitarbeitende der UZH): MBS
- Support in case of personal/psychological, study-related, or doctorate-related problems and conflicts: Psychological Counseling Service
- Gender / Diversity Equality Office Office for Gender Equality and Diversity
- Job applications and career planning: Career Services (includes doctoral students up to the first year after graduation)
Further contact points:
- General website with information on health and the UZH workplace: health@uzh
- For specific questions related to employment at UZH: Human Resources UZH
- Support for employees with children and information on childcare: Stiftung Kinderbetreuung im Hochschulraum Zürich (kihz)